- A frustrating lockout
- The dismissal of Brian Burke
- A first playoff appearance in almost a decade
- The emergence of Nazem Kadri
- Jay McClement leading the Maple Leaf penalty kill makeover
- Reimer becoming the man in goal and holding down the fort for the Leafs against the Bruins in Round One of the spring dance
- Kessel demonstrating he can play under pressure (and against the Bruins)
- The often stellar play of ex-Flyer van Riemsdyk
- The recent departures of Grabovski, Komisarek, Frattin, Komarov, Scrivens and MacArthur
- The arrival this summer of David Bolland and David Clarkson
- The much ballyhooed trade for Jonathan Bernier
- The intriguing signing of Paul Ranger
- The hotly debated re-signing of Bozak
- The lack of a classic frontline center
- The continued absence of that stud defenseman
- Continued hopefulness around our prospect pipeline
- Tim Leiweke’s takeover of the Leaf front office
- Carlyle being in the unique position of entering his third partial season as Leaf coach, but first full season…
...where are you in terms of your own confidence levels when it comes to the Leafs and the 2013-'14 NHL season?
In specific terms:
- Are the Leafs a sure-fire playoff team?
- Who’s the number-one goalie?
- What surprise does Nonis have in store for us before October 1?
- Whose team is this—Leiweke's, Carlyle's, Nonis', Phaneuf's, someone else's?
No analysis today, but lots of questions. If you happen to drop by VLM, I look forward to your answers…